Current Job Postings
Summer Food Program Assistant
Strathcona Community Centre is seeking a community-minded individual with an interest in food and food security to support the centre's summer food programs and activities. This position will report to the Food Security Manager and will work closely with the Community Food Developer and the Food Security Assistant.
Duties and tasks:
- Support for various summer food programs such as the Backpack Program (Low Income Food Box), community kitchens and day camps.
- Preparing lunches for 20 kids per day; baking, cutting fruit and making sandwiches
- Administrative duties such as updating the member database; phoning workshop participants
- Packing and distributing food hampers
- Assisting with the weekly community kitchen
Rate of Pay: $17.20/hour, 30 hours per week. Deadline to apply - June 3, 2022.
The position is supported by the Canada Summer Jobs Grant, therefore applicants must be between the ages of 15 and 30 years.
Summer Day Camp Jobs
Summer day camp job applications are now closed.